Dear Readers,

As my link now appears on the web page of Pusat Perubatan Universiti Malaya (Universiti Hospital) it is therefore my fervent hope that with the creation of another blog by me entitled "My Journey with Mum and MDS", that my story may shed you some support and enlighten those whose loved ones and their caretakers are undergoing during this period of convolution.

However, please do remember that articles written by me are based strictly on my personal experience and the views expressed by me are strictly my personal opinion. Please DO consult the professionals in the field of medicine for verification and authenticity as I do not claim to be an expert in the field of medicine.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

DIM SUM


Looking around for cheap open space parking within the vicinity of the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (“KLCC”) proved futile thus leaving us with no alternative but to park inside Suria KLCC which can be rather expensive.  Even the more expensive covered car park lots of KLCC were also full.  The influx of visitors to this area could probably due to the Homedec Exhibition and that’s exactly where I wanted to go!

But before visiting the Exhibition and since both hubby and I were famished, we scouted around for cheap meals inside Suria KLCC but couldn’t find any!  Eating inside the shopping mall of Suria KLCC is never cheap.  Any KLlites would testify to that!

In the end, we went to Spring Garden with the hope of eating dim sum which would be the cheapest deal we could get.  

Located on the 4th Floor

Well, I don’t know whether RM79.10 is considered cheap to you but it sure is expensive to me.  The price is inclusive of government and service taxes, Chinese tea, wet towels and tidbits.  And the dishes we ordered were:-

This is cucumber and black fungus in black vinegar sauce and sprinkle with garlic.  It is extremely sour but serves as a good appetizer! Price - RM10.00

Steam beancurd roll.  The filling consists of minced prawns, strips of carrot and sengkuang (turnips). Price - RM7.80

"char siew pau" - steam bbq chicken bun very nice - RM7.80

"lo mai kai" - steam chicken glutinous rice and it's delicious - RM7.80

A dish which we weren't aware that shark's fin would be in it.  It's call Chinese herbal soup dumpling served with just 1 large prawn and 1 scallop.  The dumpling inside consists of fish maw and chicken strips and it's very delicious despite the fact that no herbal taste in the soup could be detected.  Price - RM16.80

Sweet potato and ginseng dessert.  The creamy soup is actually blended sweet potato.  Ginseng taste wasn't felt at all!  Price - RM8.00

Tidbits comprising long beans, 'taupok' and cracker mixed with sweet sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds - RM5.00
This restaurant does not serve pork and is therefore open to Muslims as well.


Petronas Twin Towers
Coming out from KLCC, we chose to walk on the outside where the park is and this is my first time taking a picture of the Petronas Twin Tower and at such close range.

10 comments:

Gratitude said...

The food courts or pasta at the coffee joints would have been cheaper!! Still, it's a nice experience to be served by waiters in costumes once a while especially with hubby around, kinda paktoh-ish?! ;)

Btw, how was Homedec?
+Ant+

ilene said...

Wow Anthony that was fast!

My lau ang don't fancy eating pasta wan la. He's typical china man! hahaha .... There's only 2 of us at home now so everyday paktoring! So sian :))

I missed last weekend exhibition which I was told was better this this week's. This weekend stalls not so interesting. Mostly lightings, beddings, electrical appliances, pools and curtains.

Am looking around for a good functional auto gate without tracks (which was last week's exhibition) but instead today got rope into buying alkaline water filter!

Ophelia said...

I love char siew pau and loh mai kai. Sekarang hungry lah!!!

ilene said...

Ophelia, then you should give this char siew pau and loh mai kai a try. It's delicious!

Anonymous said...

Good shots! A few new dishes I've not tasted before... but I think I would skip dish no. 1.

(Wonda)

Anonymous said...

Good shots! A few new dishes I've not tasted before... but I think I would skip dish no. 1.

(Wonda)

thenomadGourmand said...

Hhmm...not cheap! Haha.. I'm stating the obvious.

Silverware said...

Nice outfit!Beautiful blog:) Thanks For Sharing us.

Anonymous said...

Маy I sіmply say ωhat a rеlief to uncovеr someone ωho
genuinely knows what they're discussing on the internet. You certainly understand how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I was surprised you are not more popular because you certainly possess the gift.

My homepage ... Sixpack

Anonymous said...

Is using a copyright material as a reference to write articles illegal?
[url=http://bonuskr.com/]bet365[/url] [url=http://bono-2013-spain.blogspot.com/]bet365 bono[/url]
[url=http://bonuskr.com/]bet365 bonus[/url] [url=http://2013bettin.com]bet365 bonus[/url]