Dear Readers,

As my link now appears on the web page of Pusat Perubatan Universiti Malaya (Universiti Hospital) it is therefore my fervent hope that with the creation of another blog by me entitled "My Journey with Mum and MDS", that my story may shed you some support and enlighten those whose loved ones and their caretakers are undergoing during this period of convolution.

However, please do remember that articles written by me are based strictly on my personal experience and the views expressed by me are strictly my personal opinion. Please DO consult the professionals in the field of medicine for verification and authenticity as I do not claim to be an expert in the field of medicine.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

RUBBISH?


The other day, I left this bag outside my house to be collected by the garbage collector.



But before it could be disposed off, the security guard came by and ♫ ding dong ding dong ♫.  So I went out to see what he wanted and the following is the conversation exchanged between the guard and I:-

Guard: Someone delivered your dog's food and left it outside.

Me: No, the food inside the bag is finished and I have stuffed my rubbish inside to be thrown away.

Guard: But isn't this his (pointing at my dog, Max) food?

Me: Ya but no more food already.

Guard: (while carrying the bag up) But it's heavy.

Me: Ya, rubbish inside.

Guard: Is it? (not believing me, he unzip the bag).  Ah ah, yeah la rubbish only inside.

Guard and me exchanged our smiles and off he went ... *phew*.  Incidentally, this is the same guard that rang my doorbell the last time to inform me to keep the clothes as it was drizzling.  Isn't it nice to have such caring people around?  I do hope the guards continue to be on their alert as they are now!

(By the way, the above conversation was carried out in Malay).

9 comments:

reanaclaire said...

Such a concerned guard.. he must be thinking u were wasting dog food.. lol..

doc said...

good security guard - a worker that's hard to find these days!

ilene said...

reanaclaire, wish there's more of these kindness around.


DOC, yes it sure is hard to get workers with good attitude nowadays.

Ophelia said...

Haha such a wonderful caring person. If there were more ppl like him around; the world would be a much better place. This is the second incident. Waiting to hear his third good deed!!!

ilene said...

Ophelia,yes wish there are more of these kind people in this world. I wonder if there's going to be a third wan! hahaha .... Will of course keep you posted if there's one!

Kak Teh said...

ilene, you've got a very nice security guard. he is concerned that if it was indeed dogfood, it'd be stolen if left outside. so, more angpow comes new year or christmas!

ilene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ilene said...

Hi Kak Teh! Long time no see.
I only wish there would be more concern guards like him around. Ang pows would have to wait but in the meantime have given him cakes and biscuits. He and his team are so appreciative of our little gestures and their broad smiles when we greet them really make my day.

Kak Teh said...

its so simple to be nice, kan?